How to Obtain Credentials in the EC Church

How Can I Pursue Ministry?

Credentials allow men and women to serve in an authorized capacity within and beyond the local church. Please inform yourself about ministry in the EC Church by reading the following documents.

How Can I Transfer My Credentials to the EC Church?

If you have previously served as a pastor and are seeking employment, you should inform yourself about the heritage and doctrines of the Evangelical Congregational Church and then contact the Bishop to inquire about our needs for stationing.

Certification and Specialized Ministry

We provide credentials for men and women who are pursuing specialized ministry callings. These callings either involve paid staff positions within our local churches or are required for various chaplaincy ministry. If you would like to discuss the possibility of receiving credentials for your ministry role, please contact the Ministerial Development Associate (MDA).